Using Azure DevOps Pipelines to provide a robust release process of GitHub based OSS projects.
Every project needs a robust release process that gets code from source to delivered to the end users with suitable testing. This can be provided with Azure DevOps, free of charge for OSS projects even when your code is not stored in Azure DevOps itself.
In this session I will show how:
- I build my publicly GitHub hosted Azure DevOps Extensions (written in PowerShell and TypeScript) based on triggers linked to the GitHub PR process.
- Release them to the Azure DevOps Marketplace for private testing
- Check they are deployed with Azure Functions and Azure DevOps Gates
- Run functional tests on Azure DevOps hosted test systems
- Release them to the Azure DevOps Marketplace for everyone to use as well as updated the WIKI based documentation stored on the GitHub WIKI